The fresh herbs and lemony kick make our Leek and Lemon Chicken Olives a lovely summery alternative to a traditional beef olive. Whether you are entertaining or sharing a family meal these are sure to impress.
1 kg pack skinless, boneless chicken thighs
200g Farmer’s Son White Pudding, finely chopped into 5mm cubes
1 medium leek, finely sliced
Rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp chopped rosemary
4 tbsp chopped parsley
150ml white wine
1 tsp oil
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4
2. Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and fry the leek gently to soften. Remove from the heat, allow to cool, then add the lemon rind and juice, rosemary and 2tbsp of parsley followed by the white pudding. Mix well and set aside.
3. Lay the chicken thighs out, smooth side down between two pieces of cling film. Flatten with a rolling pin or mallet, then divide the leek and herb mixture between the chicken pieces, using a good dessertspoon sized portion for each.
4. Roll each chicken thigh up and pack tightly into an oven proof dish, seam side down (use a cocktail stick or string to secure if the dish is a bit big). Pour over the wine and cover the dish with foil.
5. Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
6. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a clean dish and keep warm.
7. Pour the pan juices into a jug and blitz with a hand blender to a smooth sauce. Tip into a pot, add the remaining parsley and bring back to the boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
8. To serve, divide the chicken between plates and spoon over the sauce.
Nutritional Information Per Serving Kcals 542.5 Fat 22.3g Saturates 8.6g Carbohydrate 17.8g Protein 59g Sugar 1.2g Salt 2.08g