A Scottish take on cabbage rolls, our stuffed cabbage leaves incorporate delicious root vegetables perfectly complimented by the peppery flavour of The Farmer’s Son Haggis. Serve as a hearty main course served with crusty bread.
400g Farmer’s Son Haggis
1 medium carrot
¼ of a celeriac root
3cm slice butternut squash
1 mugful frozen peas
8 – 12 large cabbage leaves, hispi or savoy work well
40g grated parmesan cheese
1. Pre heat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas4
2. Blanch the cabbage leaves for a few seconds in boiling water to soften and make them pliable.
3. Crumble the haggis into a large bowl, grate the carrot, celeriac and squash coarsely. Mix together with the frozen peas.
4. Divide the haggis mixture between the cabbage leaves, roll up from the stalk end, tucking the sides in to make a parcel.
5. Pack into an oven proof dish, pour over 50ml water. Cover with a lid or foil and cook for 30 mins. When time is up, remove the lid or foil, scatter over the cheese and put back into the oven for 10mins.
Nutritional Information Per serving Kcals 421 Fat 19.5g Saturates 8.4g Carbohydrate 44.4g Protein 17.3g Sugar 6.8g Salt 2.89g