Root vegetables and The Farmer’s Son Black Pudding enchased in crispy filo pastry make for a delicious Autumnal treat. Serve with salad for a tasty lunch or nibbles for the family!
800g The Farmer’s Son Black Pudding, cubed
2 large onions, diced
340g raw beetroot, cubed
480g butternut squash, cubed
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 pack filo pastry
100g butter, melted
Sesame seeds for sprinkling
1. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a heavy-based pan, add the onion, beetroot and squash. When the vegetables start to sizzle, put a lid on the pan and turn the heat down low. Allow them to cook gently in their own steam until soft.
2. Add the thyme, salt & pepper to the vegetable mix and cook for a few minutes more. Remove from the heat and let cool.
3. Once cool, stir through the black pudding and divide the mixture into 12 portions.
4. Heat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas6.
5. Unwrap the pastry and place on a clean tea towel, with the short end nearest you. Working quickly, brush the top sheet of pastry with a little of the butter. Fold the sheet in half along the long edge and brush the top layer with butter.
6. Put one portion of the black pudding mixture onto the end of the pastry closest to you. Take the bottom corner and fold across to make a triangle, fold up, across, up and across again, continuing until the pastry strip is used up. Brush the parcel with butter and place on a baking sheet with the end of the pastry underneath. Sprinkle a few sesame seeds over the top.
7. Repeat with the remaining sheets of filo pastry.
8. Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes until golden.
Nutritional Information Per parcel Kcals 331 Fat 19.8g Saturates 9.62g Carbohydrate 29.7g Protein 10.8g Sugar 4.5g Salt 748mg