As the days grow shorter and the air turns crisper, there's nothing quite like a comforting dish to warm the soul. Perfect for chilly autumn evenings, this dish combines the warmth of spices, the sweetness of apples, and the savoury goodness of black pudding.
- 220g The Farmers Son black pudding, crumbled
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add chopped onions and sauté until golden brown and fragrant.
3. Toss in diced potatoes and cook until they start to crisp up and turn golden.
4. Crumble the black pudding into the skillet, distributing it evenly.
5. Stir in diced apples, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook until the apples are tender.
6. Continue cooking until the black pudding is browned and crispy, stirring occasionally.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Why Black Pudding?
Black pudding is a unique addition to this autumn hash. Its distinctive flavour, rich and earthy, complements the sweetness of apples and the heartiness of potatoes. Packed with iron and protein, black pudding not only elevates the dish but also adds a nutritional boost.
As autumn paints the world with its vibrant colours, our Black Pudding and Apple Hash brings those warm, comforting flavours to your table. Easy to prepare and full of seasonal goodness, this recipe is a reminder that sometimes the most satisfying meals are born from simple, wholesome ingredients.